Thursday, June 7, 2012

Starting the Nursery

We've always known a baby would go in our middle bedroom. We just didn't exactly know when. Now that there is a baby on the way we're just waiting to find out if it's a he or she so that we can really start getting ready! Most of the big things we are planning on getting are gender neutral. Mostly because we want to be able to use them again with another baby in the future. Plus, I personally just like the look of neutral colors anyway.

Getting Inspired:
I've been putting together some ideas for both boy and girl. I'm surprised to say that I'm leaning toward pink a lot more than I thought I would if this baby is a girl. Not crazy amounts of pink, but pops of it here and there. I know for sure whether it's a boy or girl I want to paint the ceiling. Here is my pinterest idea board for a girl: Girl Nursery. For a boy I'm favoring greens a lot, which I knew would be the case. Here is my pinterest idea board for a boy: Boy Nursery. The room is very small! And by small I mean enough room for a crib and changing table, and possibly a small chair. We'll definitely be utilizing the closest for clothing storage since there won't be a dresser.

Our First Big Purchase:
So, this purchase was actually made last year. It was posted on craigslist for a killer price. So, naturally we couldn't pass it up. This matching set still sells at Babies R Us for over $250 and we got it for $80! (Just so you know we've been using this bedroom as a storage unit for awhile. It's a little messy.)
Graco Sarah Convertible Crib- Cinnamon
Graco Sarah Changing Table- Cinnamon.
There are few scuff marks but other other side looks great so I'll probably turn it around.
Another Purchase:
This is the swing that I picked up at a consignment sale in Lynnwod. Everyone should check out the Just Between Friends consignment sales around Seattle. I've seen some amazing deals. This Graco swing, it's totally adorable by the way, was only $45!

We find out in exactly two weeks if we're expecting a little boy or girl. You can bet that within a few weeks time I'll be putting the whole nursery together. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment