Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Weeks

I'm soooo tired today! I'm literally like a zombie. Tommy keeps asking me if I'm okay. Beside that I'm doing pretty well. Food has been a challenge this past week. Everything on God's green earth that is not good for me is the absolute most appetizing thing I've ever laid eyes on. Anything that's packed with awesome nutrients makes my stomach turn by just looking at it. It seems like a pretty twisted joke if you ask me.

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday at the birth center. I got to meet Tonya this time. She looked a lot like I do in that picture down there. She had just delivered TWO babies the previous night and had little to no sleep. What an awesome lady! After sitting and talking about my health history and answering my questions for close to 45 minutes. I peed in a cup and a student midwife (I forget her name) took my blood pressure and did a blood draw. I can't even express how much I love the atmosphere at the birth center. I love that I get to spend my entire visit with my midwife. Unlike a doctor's office where you only see the doctor for 10-15 minutes. And instead of going into a stuffy little lab to get my blood drawn, I got to stay exactly where I was. Plopped on a comfy couch, resting my arm on a pillow. I love the homey feeling. I also love the idea of pregnancy being a normal occurrence and not treated like a medical condition.

Tonya wanted to address my fears with this pregnancy because of my previous miscarriage. I told her overall I'm handling things very well, but I have been a little uneasy and wondering if everything is still alright. She offered that I get an ultrasound to help ease any doubts or worries that I might have. So, it sounds like we'll be going in for an ultrasound next week. Yay! Until then I'll leave you with a bump picture and my regular weekly questions.

Baby? Bloating? Both?

How far along? 7 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Still weighing in at 147, after being sick and losing some weight, then gaining it back.
Hip Measurement: Still 37 1/2  inches
Waist (belly button) Measurement: 35 inches, increase of half an inch
Maternity clothes? Nope, but I'm rocking a bella band at work some days depending on the pants.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Good.
Best moment this week: My first prenatal appointment! :)
Miss anything? When food actually sounded appetizing, haha.
Movement: No.
Food cravings: Pretty much anything that isn't good for me. How awesome right?
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling queasy randomly, mostly when I see food or think about it.
Have you started to show? A lot more bloating the past 2 days that hasn't gone down. The beginning of a bump maybe?
Gender prediction: I'm still going with girl.
Labor signs: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment