Thursday, March 8, 2012

Puget Sound Birth Center & Spilling the Beans

I met one of my midwives today! I immediately felt like this was going to be the right place for us when we walked in. We were seated in one of the HUGE birthing suites when we arrived. I'm telling you it reminded me of my hotel room at Luxor in Vegas. We got to look around the room a little bit. There was a massive jacuzzi tub, a private bathroom, a queen size bed, couches and seating, etc. Here is a link to a photo tour of the birthing suites.

We met Nicole, one of the midwives. She sat and talked with us for awhile and answered our questions. She also informed us that one of her patients had shown up for her regular prenatal appointment in active labor. She had to follow her patient home to attend the home birth and wasn't going to be able to spend the full hour with us. I was very happy to hear that her attention was directed in the right place. Overall, our experience there was phenomenal. I can't wait for my first prenatal visit in 2 weeks!

Tommy and I were planning on waiting until 10 weeks to tell family, but that didn't last long. We were just too excited after our meeting with Nicole today. We went to dinner and discussed it some more and decided that if anything were to happen with this pregnancy we would want their support the same way several family members offered it when I miscarried before. So, we walked over the Ron and Megan's tonight to spill the beans. I brought over the resource binder that I was given at the birth center today and announced that Tommy and I visited somewhere super cool this afternoon, then I put the binder down for everyone to read the cover. It wasn't very exciting, but everyone got the idea. There were congratulations and smiles all around. It's nice knowing that I can talk about it now. It was tough keeping it to myself for the past week and a half. I'm sure the next 5 weeks would have felt like forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment